Wednesday, July 23, 2008

ag/ish: Ramblings of an Old Man...

I was reminded a couple months ago that I'm 32 years old. I was devastated. It was all good knowing that I was 31; I was at least just starting the aging process. 32, however, puts me well into my 30s. That just won't do. Physically I feel pretty beat down. I have to sit with good posture or my back has a kink in it when I stand. Stairs kill me because, not only am I out of shape thanks to my inactivity, my knees are starting to give out. Don't get me started on my vision (my right eye is near-sighted, my left eye is far-sighted)...

Mentally I'm as young as ever. At 32 I decided to go back to school - get some education and such - and being surrounded by youngens certainly brings you down to their level, which is a good thing. You have to let a lot of your reservations go, you have to relax a bit. The alternative is to meet their expectations and be "that old guy". Speaking of which, I'm an instructor for a physiology lab and on the subject of diffusion, I used the example of how cologne can diffuse throughout a room. For a specific example of a cologne I said CK1, which was popular back in my hayday. All of the students looked confused, probably thinking CK1 was some fancy chemical name or something. One student finally spoke up, "Oh, I think my dad wear's that." I played it off rather well I think. "Oh, I don't wear CK1. I wear Bengay."

Anyways...

School is my life at the moment. If I'm not thinking about school I'm thinking about girls. Let's just say I'm glad I'm doing well in school.

This is my first contibution to these blogs, our new home. Who knows when our next entry will come. If history is any indication, probably next year. *shakes head* Hey! It's not our fault we were born so lazy...

nv@ag

No comments: