Thursday, November 05, 2009

bg/ish: Keep Runnin'...



I must admit on some occasions
I went out like a punk or a chump
Or a sucka or somethin' to that effect
Respect, I used to never get
Cuz all I got was upset...


-----

There comes a time in every man's life
When he's gotta handle shit upon his own
Can't depend on friends to help you in a squeeze
Please, they got problems of they own...


-----

It's 1995 2009!
And now that I'm older
Stress weighs on my shoulders
Heavy as boulders
But I told ya'll
Until the day that I die I still
Will be a soldier...


It's crazy... when The Pharcyde dropped that shit back in '95, I had just graduated high school, and I was just like, "that shit is word!" And here I am today, in 2009 listening to that joint and I'm like, "that shit is word son!"

And that's all I've got really. I mean, Jay Dee, The Pharcyde, droppin' knowledge. Figure it out. Groove to it. Practical application. Can't keep runnin'...

No comments: