Monday, August 31, 2009

bg/ish: Weekend: Clothing Optional

With August coming to and end and September only a day away, it's safe to say that it's officially Summer here in San Francisco. Temperatures reached the 90's on Friday afternoon, and by the time I got off work and made it to Dolores Park the scene was in full swing and it was obvious that nobody planned on going home anytime soon. We stayed in the park until around 10 p.m., but as far as I could tell people were still there until at least 5 a.m.

It was just one of those insanely warm San Francisco nights where nobody wants to be indoors. We get maybe 4 or 5 of those a year. A certain madness seems to take people over and drive them to boisterous fits of drinking and roaming the streets into the early morning hours. Personally, I just didn't want to have any clothes on.

I was up on Saturday morning at 7 a.m., and it felt like it could have been noon. Or 3 p.m. Bright and hot. Not a cloud in the sky. After a large breakfast and a relaxing smoking session in a shady spot, we gathered up the usual crew and sped off on our bikes to Baker Beach. The heat was stifling in the Mission, but the closer we got to the water it began to relent a little.

The sand was hot under my feet and the sun was tormenting me from above. I wasted no time in jumping enthusiastically into the ocean. As I swam out past the breaking waves and floated on my back I couldn't help but feel a bit like Mersault, only there was no Marie with me and I never got around to killing an Arab.

The view from Baker Beach is absolutely amazing. As I swam in the water, when my thoughts weren't on surviving the assault of waves, they were solely on the majesty of the view...


Of course, Baker Beach is also a nude beach, so at any given moment, your view might be something closer to this...


As it was, your boy bg managed to keep all of his clothes on, much to the disappointment of thousands.

After a ride back to the Lower Haight and a massive burger at Memphis Minnie's BBQ Joint I crashed out at around 7:30 and wasn't to be heard from again until 7:30 a.m. on Sunday morning.

Sunday turned out to be slightly overcast and a bit windy, but I managed to get in a decent bike ride, and stopped by AT&T Park to catch some of the Giants sweep over the Rockies from the free viewing area at McCovey cove. Topped the night off with a slice from Deja Vu and a glass of wine at a friends house. All in all, your boy bg isn't complaining one bit.

As of this morning it's back to 60 degrees in the city and the heat of the weekend is a forgotten memory that seems like it could have been two days or two months ago. I know we'll have at least one more of these days (hopefully on a weekend) before our "summer" is over.

As always, when you're looking to have some good clean fun in the heat, clothing is optional.

1 comment:

Duyu Nohu said...

i wish i was there
i would have been...
IN THE BUFF... SWINGIN